Industrialist, NRI businessman and producer Trilok Mukhi and co-producer Maneesh Singh have announced a Rs 400 crore mega budget Bollywood film which will be co-directed by Singh and Jazon Fernandez.
Almost 60 percent of the film is likely to be shot in South Goa and it could generate employment for over about 1000 Goan youth for about 4 months, Singh announced today in Mumbai.
Co-producer Maneesh Singh who studied in Goa and spent the early years of his life in Dabolim – as his father was posted at the Naval Station at Dabolim which is a part of the Naval base INS Hansa said the production will hire Goan youth as extras, security staff, drivers and helpers, etc. “We are scouting for locations in South Goa – we need a really big secluded hilly space which is far away from the city and crowds for at least 4 to 5 months to erect the sets for the film,” Singh told IndiaScribes.com.
The production unit is also in talks with a recruitment firm from Pune to hire out the manpower from Goa. We are in talks with several people. We have not yet applied for permission from the Goa government as we have not yet finalized the place, Singh revealed.
The civilian airport or Dabolim airport is also part of this naval enclave in Goa where Singh lived during his childhood and has very fond memories of the Goa of the early 70s.
Sources say, Mukhi and Singh have teamed up with Hollywood director Jazon Fernandez to direct and co-produce a mega budget historical film that will also incorporate loads of Indian mythology and folklore.
Fernandez who is associated with the Hollywood studio Apollonius Films visited Goa, Chennai and toured various historical venues in Maharashtra over the last 2-3 months for research into the film.
The film revolves around the myths, folklore, folktales and legends around Pratapgad – also transcribed as Pratapgarh or Pratapgadh, literally ‘Valour Fort’ which is a large fort located in Satara district, in the Western Indian state of Maharashtra. Significant as the site of the Battle of Pratapgad, the fort is now a popular tourist destination.
Pratapgad fort is located 15 kilometers from Poladpur and 23 kilometres west of Mahabaleshwar, a popular hill station in the area. The fort stands 1,080 metres (3,540 ft) above sea level and is built on a spur which overlooks the road between the villages of Par and Kinesvar.
The Maratha king Shivaji Maharaj commissioned Moropant Trimbak Pingle, his prime minister, to undertake the construction of this fort in order to defend the banks of the Nira and the Koyna rivers, and to defend the Par pass. It was completed in 1656. The Battle of Pratapgarh between Shivaji and Afzal Khan was fought below the ramparts of this fort on November 10, 1659.
In addition to the celebrity cast, Jazon who will co-direct the film along with Mukhi said he was also looking out for new and talented youngsters for smaller and supporting roles in the film. About 20 per cent of the film is based on VFX and animation, but there will be real life scenes and action as well. The film is set in the time between 1600 AD and 1800 AD and features the both genuine historical characters which mingle with local folklore and mythology.
“The estimated budget of the film is about Rs 400 crore and the project is in Hinglish, though the film will be dubbed in at least 40 world languages when it releases late 2019,” he mentioned.
Speaking to an Indian news website, IndiaScribes.com, Jazon said, “Most Indian mythological films are based on Hindu mythological characters based primarily on the Ramayana and Mahabharata and other related mythology. Our story and script for Pratapgad is not based on Hindu mythology at all, instead draws in from local folklore and myths, folktales, legends and fairy tales.
“A team of over 35 writers and researchers are currently working on the script which will be ready within 2 months. The film will boast of over main 400 characters with several hundred other artistes,” Mukhi revealed.
Related Press Releases:
- Trilok Mukhi Films announces Rs 400 crore mega-budget historical folklore film “Pratapgad”
- Goa-born, Hollywood director Jazon Fernandez of Apollonius Films visits Mumbai, announces tie-up with director Suneet Vohra
- Director Suneet Vohra launches Educational Episodic Films on the Dynasties that ruled India from 1200 AD to 1700 AD in association with Tribhuvan Trilok Films
- Hollywood director Jazon Fernandez to collaborate with producer Suneet Vohra for mega budget Mytho film
- Hollywood director Jazon Fernandez of Apollonius Films visits Mumbai, meets with director-producer Suneet Vohra
- London-based NRI model Pearl Raah in Maneesh Singh’s film “My Little Sister”?
- OMG! Has Ramya Pranjali Tanna been selected for Bigg Boss 11, as Salman Khan personally interviews shortlisted inmates?
- Fashion photographer and Ad film maker Lynn Baxter to debut as director in Bollywood with Twilight Love
- Indian model from Pune, Cheryl Charles wins Miss World Next Top Model 2017
- Hemant Nilim Das to bring the tale of Sania Mirza on Celluloid with Violina Audrey
- India’s very own desi-p*rn artiste Ishika Borah denied visa by Pakistan
- Watch: Dandupalaya 2 Actress Sanjjanaa Galrani’s Leaked Nude Video And Photos Go Viral
- Training Institute Pune is announcing New Training Center at Shivajinagar Pune
- Yazmeen Khan signed on by Chennai-based Vrindaavan Telefilms
- No problem doing bold topics: Ramya Pranjali Tanna
- Will Esha Gupta do a film on Parveen Babi and her men?
- Kestone and CL Educate announces nationwide quiz InQuizitive Minds targeting 9 million students across 100 cities
- Suneet Vohra of Tribhuvan Trilok Films casts Ishika Borah in a hot scene for the comedy film “My Wife’s Bf”
- BSE Felicitates GV Films Limited with Silver Bell Ringing Ceremony on Completing 25 Years of Listing
- Arshi Khan and Bollywood Celebs to launch Vega “Road Safety Campaign” in Mumbai on 26th Jan
- Ashok Kumar Jha says The Three Kings different from Kurbaan
- Dosti Ek Yatra: Story of reinventing friendship through travel
- IoT Market In Structure Monitoring is Expected to Grow with the Fastest rate in Middle East & Africa
- HirePro Consulting is now a member of NASSCOM
- Tenali Rama decides to Rob in Vijaynagar Kingdom
- Two-Month long Intra-University competition ‘Magnitude-2015’ inaugurated at LPU
- India’s No.1 Brand Awards 2017 on 24th Sept 2017 in Mumbai
- Le Méridien unveils its latest hotel in Goa, Calangute
- Destination Adventure. Indian national qualifier for BMW Motorrad International GS Trophy to debut in Goa
- Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani to inaugurate Dr Dharmendra Kumar’s Swasth Zindagi – Medical Camp at Surat by R K HIV Aids Centre
- Aurionpro reports strong growth in EBITDA with sustained business momentum; IP-driven strategy yielding results
- Dates of IBSAT 2017, a MBA Entrance Exam for Admission in ICFAI Business School Declared
- High-End LED Flood Light Manufacturers in Pune by Sellonic Power Solution
- Bharat Citizens Action Forum demands CBI enquiry into Radhe Maa’s ill-gotten wealth – alleges god woman and associates have amassed over Rs 200 crore through criminal means
- CMI Limited, the leading specialty cables company, announces its annual results (2016-17)
- Evolve Vapors Launches Monsoon Wild Combo Deals on Vape Juices
- Q1 FY18 Results of Godrej Properties Limited
- CMI Ltd bags orders worth more than Rs 30 crore from East Central Railways & BHEL for signalling cables HT XPLE power cables
- NetRack Launches iRack Block, Aims to Revolutionize Data Center Infra Capsule
- TechnoBind Appoints Govardhan G N as Vice President of its Cloud Business in India
- Global Laptop Coolers Market Dynamics, Forecast, Analysis and Supply Demand 2017- Acute Market Reports
- Indian Art Ideas Proudly Declares Bahadur Singh as ‘Artist of the Month’ for July 2017
- Indian Art Ideas is pleased to Announce Chitrakshi Singh as the ‘Artist of the Month’ for August 2017
- BUID contributes a chapter to the Praeger Handbook of International Special Education
- India Vision Foundation Launches Exhibition of its unique Prison ‘PROJECT HUNAR’ in Haryana Prisons
- Flu Vaccine Market Outlook 2024: United States Opportunity and Demand Analysis, Market Forecast 2017-2024
- United Drilling Tools celebrates 28th Anniversary
- Global Truck-mounted Concrete Pump Market 2017 – Putzmeister, Schwing, Zoomlion, Liebherr, Sermac, SANY
- Sheffield Hallam University invites applications for September 2017 Intake
- Rohit Chawhan launches his romantic novel