– PREMIER Biosoft today announced the release of SimGlycan® 5.61, which facilitates easy and accurate characterization of glycans derived from complex mixtures. The SimGlycan master database is updated with curated (a) N-glycans derived from Monoclonal antibody (mAb), Bovine Fetuin, Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO), (b) glycosaminoglycans derived from Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH), and (c) polysaccharides derived from plants.
Following are brief descriptions of the glycans and their sources:
1. N-Glycans of Monoclonal Antibody (mAb): Recombinant monoclonal antibody therapeutics (mAbs) represent the largest group of therapeutic proteins as a major new class of drug. SimGlycan database now includes 71 curated unique N-Glycan structures of mAb which play critical role in immunity, pathogenicity and other cellular processes.
2. N-Glycans of Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO): Therapeutic proteins obtained from Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cell lines show almost same glycosylation pattern as human, and hence, are most widely used in the development of biosimilar products. Now, we have added 130 curated unique N-Glycan structures into SimGlycan database.
3. N-Glycans of Bovine Fetuin: Fetuin (blood proteins) is an important component of bone metabolism regulation, insulin resistance, protease activity control etc. It has also been identified as a biomarker for neurodegenerative disease. We have now added 71 unique N-Glycan structures from Bovine fetuin, that play a critical role in these processes.
4. Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH): Low Molecular Weight Heparins are coagulation inhibiting glycosaminoglycans. Because of the anti-coagulation nature, these glycosaminoglycans are therapeutically engineered to prevent thrombosis, and thus has high medicinal value. 317 glycosaminoglycans of LMWH have been added into the SimGlycan database.
5. Polysaccharides of Plants: Plant polysaccharides’ unique characteristics of the water-soluble colloids makes food highly nutritious and hence, has high value in food industry. 210 unique polysaccharides have been added into the SimGlycan database.
These structures were curated from the published papers in journals such as Analytical chemistry, Biochemistry, Carbohydrate Research, European Journal of Biochemistry, Food Hydrocolloids, Journal of Biological Chemistry, Journal of Chromatography, and Phytochemistry.
“The analysis of glycans derived from monoclonal antibody (mAb), blood proteins (Fetuins), CHO cell lines etc. are of importance to the Biopharmaceutical and Food & Nutrition industries. However, the lack of informatics support for accurate characterization of these glycans has been a bottleneck so far” said Arun Apte, CEO at PREMIER Biosoft. “By accommodating these featured glycans in the product database, SimGlycan offers a solution for targeted glycomics analysis.”
For details, please visit: http://www.premierbiosoft.com/products/upgrades/sg_upgrades.html
Notes to Editor
About PREMIER Biosoft:
Founded in 1994, is a group of computer scientists and biologists dedicated to producing cutting edge intuitive software for research in life sciences. Our goal is to study the most recent innovations in life sciences and translate them into software products to aid research.
More information is available at: http://www.premierbiosoft.com
Related Press Releases:
- Phibro Animal Health Corporation and Zydus Cadila announce their intention to license Phibro’s Poultry Vaccine Technologies
- Kraft Heinz introduces the ‘New Best Ever Complan’
- Flu Vaccine Market Outlook 2024: United States Opportunity and Demand Analysis, Market Forecast 2017-2024
- FleetUp & Aeris Work Together to Improve Fleet Management via IoT
- Ulysse Nardin Presents Classico Zheng He
- Prophet works with Alimama to redefine brand building for China’s digital age
- New MOST® Technology Intelligent Network Interface Controller enables daisy-chain communications in automotive applications
- Pediatric Proton Therapy Market is expected to cross US$ 700 Million
- Global Vitamin Ingredients Market Is Expected To Reach USD 8.50 Billion in 2024
- Increasing Consumer Preference of Healthy Snacks Propelling Gourmet Popcorn Industry
- Infomerics Rating gets RBI nod as full-service rating company
- HirePro Consulting is now a member of NASSCOM
- Join Dot Com Infoway at GMASA17, The Biggest Mobile Event of the Year!
- Ansys Acquires Computational Engineering International
- ASSE Offers Global Occupational Safety and Health Best Practices at Safety India 2015
- Generic Drugs Market Outlook – Patent Expiries to Drive Future Growth
- Discovery Channel Completes 20 Years In India
- New therapeutic mechanism developed for Cancer Immunotherapy
- Global Parkinson’s Disease Drugs Market to Reach Approximate Value of US$ 5 Billion by 2022
- Indian Biosimilars Market Outlook – Increase in Incidence of Diseases Provide Growth Opportunity
- Bio Pharma Market Outlook – Changing Demographics and Growth in the Pharma Sector Driving the Market
- Revita Life Sciences Continues to Advance Multi-Modality Protocol in Attempt to Revive Brain Dead Subjects
- BITS Pilani alumni Celebrate Teachers Day by conferring First Prof SSR memorial Teaching Excellence Award to Dr P Srinivasan
- Health 24×7 brings to you Kaun Banega The Chef of Indore 2017
- Ajit Balgi, a wineprenuer from Mumbai and the founder of The Happy High, gets featured by Remy Martin as upcoming talent from India
- Cornitos Wins Big at CMO Asia Excellence Awards
- GuestLogix’ Retail Solution Now Live Onboard Spring Airlines
- 3rd Edition of Women of India Organic Festival at Dilli Haat, INA Will Promote Women Farmers & Entrepreneurs
- Quality Mark Trust felicitates exceptional Institutes of State
- Organic food presents Indore Chef 2017
- Semtech’s LoRa Technology to be Introduced to Students at Vellore Institute of Technology
- HotelTonight partners with eRevMax to integrate RateTiger into its platform
- IDT’s Newest Clock Generator is up to 60% More Energy Efficient than other Comparable Solutions
- O1 Communications Selects BroadSoft for Cloud Unified Communications Business Offering
- Cyberinc powers expansion of Isla(R) into global markets: signs partnership with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- Aryaka Launches the first Clientless SD-WAN
- IDT to Speak and Exhibit at Wireless Power Congress 2017 in Munich, Germany
- ShieldApps Expands Portfolio with an Advanced New Identity Theft Protection Software
- IDT Selected to Provide High-Efficiency Wireless Power Solution for LG’s Latest Flagship Smartphone, G6
- Identiv Strengthens Presence in India With Bureau of Indian Standards Certification of Desktop Smart Card Reader Solutions
- Qwilt Chosen by Wi2 to Improve Streaming Video Quality for Subscribers across Japan
- IDT Announces Microwave and Millimeter Wave Products, Accelerating Growth in Active Antenna Systems
- IDT’s Technical Leaders to Present and Showcase Latest mmWave Solutions at IEEE 5G Summit Dresden
- Glassdoor Announces Candidates’ Choice Award Winners for 2015, Honoring Employers With the Best Interview Experience According to Job Candidates
- 8×8 and Aryaka Partner to Enhance Cloud Communications for Global Enterprises
- IDT Wins Prestigious Ericsson Semiconductor Supplier Award 2017
- Man vs. Machine “Debate of the Decade” Coming to NASSCOM BPM Strategy Summit
- IDT’s Flexible Timing Solution Provides Valuable Design Margin for 10Gbps, and 40/100Gbps Multi-lane Interfaces
- Glassdoor Trends Gives Insight Into Popular Jobs and Companies Among Job Seekers
- CDN Solutions Group to Showcase Brand New Solutions to Accelerate Startup’s Business at MWC Americas 2017