– The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has selected Louis Berger to provide consultancy services for the preparation of detailed designs to upgrade roads (approximately 820 kilometers, or 510 miles, in total length) for two major road packages in southern India under the Bharatmala – Pariyojna scheme. Through these and similar projects, the Indian government aims to develop economic and interstate transport corridors, feeder routes and coastal thoroughfares to improve freight movement in the country.
“We are honored to support India’s objectives for two of its key road projects to better serve motorists across several states,” said Kshitish Nadgauda, senior vice president and managing director for Louis Berger in Asia. “These projects will make the roads wider, safer and more efficient while protecting the environment and enabling local and regional economic development.”
The two roads to be modernized under this project are the highway between the state of Tamil Nadu and the union territory of Puducherry in the Indian southern peninsula, and the road that links the nearby states of Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Goa.
Louis Berger will first establish the technical, economic and financial viability of the current road modernization projects. The firm will then prepare the design, carry out all necessary studies to support interstate four- or six-lane road and economic transport corridor development, and assess various funding options for the modernization works. The projects will include road widening and alignment; repaving; upgrades to intersections, bridges, bypasses and service roads; new toll plaza design; and improvements for more efficient traffic flow. Our multidisciplinary team will also draft tender documents and support the client during the works procurement process.
Louis Berger has over 20 years of experience in India, working across a wide range of sectors, including bridges and tunnels, highways and roads, rail and transit, aviation, and smart cities, in support of India’s infrastructure development goals.
Notes to Editor
About Louis Berger
Louis Berger is a global professional services corporation that helps infrastructure and development clients solve their most complex challenges. We are a trusted partner to national, state and local government agencies; multilateral institutions; and commercial industry clients worldwide. By focusing on client needs to deliver quality, safe, financially-successful projects with integrity, we are committed to deliver on our promise to provide Solutions for a better world.
Louis Berger operates on every habitable continent. We have a long-standing presence in more than 50 nations, represented by the multidisciplinary expertise of 6,000 engineers, economists, scientists, managers and planners.
Related Press Releases:
- India Construction Equipment Market Outlook – Infrastructure Construction to Drive the Demand
- Hindware launches ‘Startwith theExpert’ TVC Campaign with Brand
- India Ceramic Tiles Market Outlook – Booming Real Estate Sector & Innovative Products Driving Growth
- Embien and MAS Elettronica Announces a strategic Partnership
- Retail Businesses to Become More Organized Post GST: Bhaskar of Millennium India
- High-End LED Flood Light Manufacturers in Pune by Sellonic Power Solution
- Semtech’s LoRa Technology to be Introduced to Students at Vellore Institute of Technology
- tnext Forays into LFR Segment, Ties-up with myG, my generation digital hub
- Calco Poly Technik, Master in Efficiency… Leader in Delivery!
- CMI Ltd bags orders worth more than Rs 30 crore from East Central Railways & BHEL for signalling cables HT XPLE power cables
- Global Truck-mounted Concrete Pump Market 2017 – Putzmeister, Schwing, Zoomlion, Liebherr, Sermac, SANY
- IoT Market In Structure Monitoring is Expected to Grow with the Fastest rate in Middle East & Africa
- NTL Lemnis launches energy efficient “Pharox GEN G9 Retrofit LED lamp”
- CMI Limited, the leading specialty cables company, announces its annual results (2016-17)
- Google Certified Partner WhiteDigital, Selected as No.1 PPC Agency in India
- Join Dot Com Infoway at GMASA17, The Biggest Mobile Event of the Year!
- HPCL celebrats 71st Independence Day
- Travoline Releases its new User-friendly and enhanced Hotel Booking Engine
- Usage of Nanomaterial Propelling the Europe Cosmeceutical Market
- Flu Vaccine Market Outlook 2024: United States Opportunity and Demand Analysis, Market Forecast 2017-2024
- Le Méridien unveils its latest hotel in Goa, Calangute
- NRLM has the potential to bridge the critical gap between development and the marginalized: Prnabjyoti Nath
- News18 India’s Sting exposes Corruption in Uttar Pradesh’s Mining Department
- Hinduja Holdings Announced Today Its Latest Construction Project “El Jardin”
- iValue To Host 120+ CXO’s in Europe for iStorm 2017
- TAIT Helps Channel Community Tread the GST Path
- Umesh Revankar of Shriram Transport Finance Company voted as “Indian Affairs Most Transformational Leader & Change Agent 2017” at India Leadership Conclave 2017
- Indian model from Pune, Cheryl Charles wins Miss World Next Top Model 2017
- Bio Pharma Market Outlook – Changing Demographics and Growth in the Pharma Sector Driving the Market
- Increasing Consumer Preference of Healthy Snacks Propelling Gourmet Popcorn Industry
- Indian Art Ideas Declares an Online Art Exhibition called ‘Rejoice the Bliss That Freedom Bestows’
- Revita Life Sciences Continues to Advance Multi-Modality Protocol in Attempt to Revive Brain Dead Subjects
- Quality Mark Trust felicitates exceptional Institutes of State
- The Strategic Inventor Generating Patent and Business Driven Inventions – A Program/Workshop for Corporate Inventors
- Louis Moinet Salutes The Spirit Of Singapore With Exclusive Limited Edition Series
- Industry-Academia Collaboration between Cisco and Institute of Product Leadership
- Apical Inks Deal with Infortrend to Distribute Storage Solutions/Products
- French Government Awardee & Asian Games Village Architect Raj Rewal interacted with LPU Students
- The World HRD Congress Awards 2017: A Big Win for G-Cube
- Digital Edge Institute is now an official corporate training partner for Hike IT Services Pvt. Ltd
- VIP Bags unveils the latest Backpack collection
- Cornitos Wins Big at CMO Asia Excellence Awards
- Sheffield Hallam University invites applications for September 2017 Intake
- Discovery Channel Completes 20 Years In India
- Lucknow-born, Tamil actor Shiva Prakash signed for director V Ganesha Reddy’s “Welcome to Chennai”
- Indian Art Ideas Proudly Declares Bahadur Singh as ‘Artist of the Month’ for July 2017
- Indian Art Ideas is pleased to Announce Chitrakshi Singh as the ‘Artist of the Month’ for August 2017
- Indian Art Ideas Declares the Start of an Online Art Exhibition Called ‘The Magic of Monochrome’
- AV-TEST Certifies eScan Internet Security Suite as TOP Rated Product
- Ansys Acquires Computational Engineering International