— Demonstrating its commitment as a socially responsible corporate, Jindal Stainless Limited (JSL) as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme has installed integrated stainless steel modular toilets at schools in various states. Today, one of the stainless steel modular toilets has been installed at South Delhi Municipal School in Sultanpur area, New Delhi. After identifying one of the key concerns of the school linked to health and hygiene condition, JSL in concurrence with its CSR philosophy ‘to provide a platform in order to empower a group or a community to make the target self reliant and sustaining’, has endowed the school with one of the latest innovation in the stainless steel segment.
“Our gesture is in accord with the government’s call for ‘Swacch Bharat – Swacch Vidyalaya Abhiyaan’. This installation will have an encouraging domino effect not only on aspects of health and hygiene but would translate into better attendance and ultimately good results as consequence of healthy children”, said Deepikka Jindal- Chairperson, JSL foundation. This will also encourage more girls to join school as a result of improved sanitation and more hygienic condition at the school.
In India, millions of schoolchildren lack access to clean and hygienic toilets in school as per a UN report on sanitation. It has always been a challenge for girl child in especially in India to manage clean and hygienic environment when out of home. This stainless steel toilet installation at the school will resolve hygiene and sanitation issue. Moreover, the longevity of the stainless steel toilets over brick and mortar ones will resolve sustainability issues. JSLs stainless steel modular toilets comply with the Ministry of Human Resource Development guidelines on school toilets.
As a part of CSR, JSL has already installed toilets in schools of Odisha and Hisar where JSL is operating its units. Over this, JSL has initiated installing stainless steel modular toilets at community health centres in Odisha. The toilets entail innovative designs and are produced with minimum wastage. These stainless steel toilets are eco-friendly, hundred percent recyclable, with long lasting durability and are weather resistant.
JSL has developed multiple variants of stainless steel modular toilet to suit the requirement like, single unit model, container (6/8 unit) model, Ministry of Human Resource Development model. We today pride ourselves, of more than 1000 installations across the country with some installations in remote and highly inaccessible tribal locations working with some of the top MNCs, corporate and Public sector companies like NDMC, MCD, BPCL, Honda, Maruti, Adani, SJVN, Hindustan Zinc, to name a few.
JSL’s commitment for social development stands firm with such gestures in future also.
Notes to Editor
About Jindal Stainless Limited
Jindal Stainless Limted, a part of the $18 billion USD, O.P Jindal group is the largest integrated manufacturer of stainless steel in India and is ranked among the top 10 stainless steel manufacturers in the world, with a capacity of 1.8 million tons. JSL has crafted its success story by fully integrating its operations based on a strategy of both, backward and forward integration, starting from mining, melting, casting, hot rolling to cold rolling and further value additions . An ISO: 14001 compliant, JSL product range includes: Ferro Alloys, Stainless Steel Slabs, Blooms, Hot Rolled Coils, Plates and Cold Rolled Coils/ Sheets, Stainless Steel Strips for Razor Blade Steel and Coin Blanks for mints in India & EU.
Related Press Releases:
- Hon’ble Justice A.K. Sikri released a LexisNexis Book Titled ‘On The Rise’ at Indian Law Institute
- Louis Moinet Salutes The Spirit Of Singapore With Exclusive Limited Edition Series
- Cornitos Wins Big at CMO Asia Excellence Awards
- L’Oréal leads the pack on sustainability in the Cosmetics Industry, Brazilian Natura not far behind: Sustainability Outlook’s latest research finds out
- Dosti Ek Yatra: Story of reinventing friendship through travel
- Portronics Announces “Harmonics Klip II” Retractable Bluetooth Earphones
- Health 24×7 brings to you Kaun Banega The Chef of Indore 2017
- Organic food presents Indore Chef 2017
- Phibro Animal Health Corporation and Zydus Cadila announce their intention to license Phibro’s Poultry Vaccine Technologies
- ShieldApps Expands Portfolio with an Advanced New Identity Theft Protection Software
- Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani to inaugurate Dr Dharmendra Kumar’s Swasth Zindagi – Medical Camp at Surat by R K HIV Aids Centre
- Flu Vaccine Market Outlook 2024: United States Opportunity and Demand Analysis, Market Forecast 2017-2024
- STAIRS organized a scouting seminar in Gujarat
- Sheffield Hallam University invites applications for September 2017 Intake
- 1st Batch of PGCRM by Global Risk Management Institute & Geneva Graduate School of Governance Geared to Propel High-Level Risk Management
- Kestone and CL Educate announces nationwide quiz InQuizitive Minds targeting 9 million students across 100 cities
- Consumer Voice Thanks Arun Jaitely For Increasing CESS On Cigarettes
- Eberhard & Co. presents elegant Extra-fort Grande Taille
- Bharat Citizens Action Forum demands CBI enquiry into Radhe Maa’s ill-gotten wealth – alleges god woman and associates have amassed over Rs 200 crore through criminal means
- Bharat Kapadia joins BrandAd Emedia’s Dollartune Board
- Increasing Consumer Preference of Healthy Snacks Propelling Gourmet Popcorn Industry
- Google Certified Partner WhiteDigital, Selected as No.1 PPC Agency in India
- Aryaka Launches the first Clientless SD-WAN
- eScan’s Corporate 360 bags AV Comparatives’ “Real World” Protection Test Certification
- Netscribes Moves Corporate Headquarters To Lower Parel, Mumbai
- Digital Edge Institute is now an official corporate training partner for Hike IT Services Pvt. Ltd
- The Strategic Inventor Generating Patent and Business Driven Inventions – A Program/Workshop for Corporate Inventors
- IDT Appoints Andy Lai as Vice President of Sales, Greater China and South Asia Pacific, and Country Manager for China
- Short Awareness Film ‘Stay Alive’ Releases on 25th July, 2017
- Dates of IBSAT 2017, a MBA Entrance Exam for Admission in ICFAI Business School Declared
- Global Truck-mounted Concrete Pump Market 2017 – Putzmeister, Schwing, Zoomlion, Liebherr, Sermac, SANY
- ICFAI Business School organized Faculty Knowledge Program held at Visakhapatnam
- Sharptech bags the Creative and Social Media Mandate of VESIM
- JMA Pilani Joins Hands with Oxford University Press India for Teaching Strategy Workshop
- Zee TV Canada Now Available on Jadoo TV
- Rs 400-cr folklore film “Pratapgad” to be shot in Goa, could generate employment for over 1000 Goan youth: Maneesh Singh
- Education Gamification Market In Transition Of Traditional Homework Assignment To Gamification Based Learning Is Gaining Highest Pace
- London-based NRI model Pearl Raah in Maneesh Singh’s film “My Little Sister”?
- CDN Solutions Group Reserves Stand S2256 and S2258 at MWC Americas 2017
- WWE Launches ‘Direct-To-Fans’ Mobile Service on Vuclip
- Director Suneet Vohra launches Educational Episodic Films on the Dynasties that ruled India from 1200 AD to 1700 AD in association with Tribhuvan Trilok Films
- BSE Felicitates GV Films Limited with Silver Bell Ringing Ceremony on Completing 25 Years of Listing
- Sharptech wins Complete Digital Mandate for Sebamed India
- Rohit Chawhan launches his romantic novel
- ICFAI Business School CASE Wins Dark Side Award by Academy of Management
- Education Zen Launches its Cloud Based Student Information System to Help Schools
- Deepika Arora awarded at India Leadership Conclave 2017 as Transformational Woman Business Leader 2017
- ASSE Offers Global Occupational Safety and Health Best Practices at Safety India 2015
- Bombardier’s FlightLink System for C Series Aircraft Showing Strong Benefits as Fleet of In-service Jetliners Grows
- Jeunesse Global Holds First-Ever Defensive-Aging Medical Conference in Singapore with 2 Globally Renowned Stem Cell Doctors