Hollywood director Jazon Fernandez who is currently visiting Mumbai is associated with the Hollywood studios Apollonius Films and is scouting for fresh talent..
Anita Kamble of Myrtle PR & Media, Indian media representatives of Fernandez in India, Jazon who met with Bollywood director and producer Suneet Vohra will collaborate on a big budget VFX and animation-based mythological film based on Indian mythology.
Jazon said the film he is casting for is based on Indian and Greek mythology and casting is going on in Mumbai. He has meetings lined up with a few top Bollywood actresses and will also meet up with a top Bollywood male star to sign on the dotted line.
In addition to the celebrity cast, Jazon said he was also looking out for new and talented youngsters for smaller roles in the film. Reports state that about 30 per cent of the film is based on VFX and animation, but there will be real life scenes as well. The film is set in the time between 500 BC and 700 BC and features the heroic age, is all that Jazon was willing to share with this reporter.
“The estimated budget of the film is about Rs 450 crore and the project is fully in English, though the film will be dubbed in at least 40 world languages when it releases late next year,” he mentioned.
Speaking to an Indian news website, IndiaScribes.com, Jazon said, “Most Indian mythological films are based on Hindu mythological characters based primarily on the Ramayan and Mahabharata and other related mythology. Our story and script is not based on Hindu mythology at all.
Jazon is scheduled to meet with several film-makers in Mumbai, but is not willing to share much details or his complete itinerary as his visit is otherwise supposed to be a secret.
Tamil and South Indian cinema also has seen various mythological projects. Though mythological films played a prominent role in the early years of Tamil cinema, they slowly faded away, giving way to family and socially relevant dramas, said Jazon in an interview to IndiaScribes.com in Mumbai.
In the late 1950s and 1960s mythological films got a new lease of life in Tamil cinema with the films of legendary writer/director A P Nagarajan, called the Master of Mythological Cinema, superstar Rajinikanth’s Kochadaiiyaan was also one of the well-known projects, though today there is not much focus on mythological cinema. Referring to super blockbusters like Bahuballi 2, Jazon opined that though he has not yet seen the film, it is basically a historical film and not a mythological film.
Related Press Releases:
- Hollywood director Jazon Fernandez of Apollonius Films visits Mumbai, meets with director-producer Suneet Vohra
- Goa-born, Hollywood director Jazon Fernandez of Apollonius Films visits Mumbai, announces tie-up with director Suneet Vohra
- Director Suneet Vohra launches Educational Episodic Films on the Dynasties that ruled India from 1200 AD to 1700 AD in association with Tribhuvan Trilok Films
- Trilok Mukhi Films announces Rs 400 crore mega-budget historical folklore film “Pratapgad”
- OMG! Has Ramya Pranjali Tanna been selected for Bigg Boss 11, as Salman Khan personally interviews shortlisted inmates?
- Rs 400-cr folklore film “Pratapgad” to be shot in Goa, could generate employment for over 1000 Goan youth: Maneesh Singh
- Hemant Nilim Das to bring the tale of Sania Mirza on Celluloid with Violina Audrey
- Rashi Peripherals Successfully Concludes Component Training Program To Promote “Personalized Computer”
- Increasing Consumer Preference of Healthy Snacks Propelling Gourmet Popcorn Industry
- Singapore Startup InstaRem, With Indian Cofounder, Raises $13 Million
- Jeunesse Global Holds First-Ever Defensive-Aging Medical Conference in Singapore with 2 Globally Renowned Stem Cell Doctors
- Hon’ble Justice A.K. Sikri released a LexisNexis Book Titled ‘On The Rise’ at Indian Law Institute
- New MOST® Technology Intelligent Network Interface Controller enables daisy-chain communications in automotive applications
- Edureka launches Masters Program for technology professionals
- Sheffield Hallam University invites applications for September 2017 Intake
- Consumer Voice Urges Parliamentarians To Pass The Motor Vehicles Bill 2017 In Upcoming Monsoon Session
- Embien and MAS Elettronica Announces a strategic Partnership
- Apical Achieves 90% Business Growth in FY 16-17
- CMI Limited, the leading specialty cables company, announces its annual results (2016-17)
- LPU Bio-Tech Researcher visited three Universities of Canada to discuss Cost-Effective Green Technology
- IQ4I Research & Consultancy published a new report on “Urology devices Global Market – Forecast To 2023”
- Qwilt Chosen by Wi2 to Improve Streaming Video Quality for Subscribers across Japan
- The World HRD Congress Awards 2017: A Big Win for G-Cube
- LPU Ph D Scholar presented Innovative Mathematical Research at Cambridge University in UK
- CDN Solutions Group Reserves Stand S2256 and S2258 at MWC Americas 2017
- JMA Pilani Joins Hands with Oxford University Press India for Teaching Strategy Workshop
- Magicbricks launches industry-first Progressive Web App for luxury properties
- Retail Businesses to Become More Organized Post GST: Bhaskar of Millennium India
- Owic Launched One Way Cab Services in North India
- TAIT Helps Channel Community Tread the GST Path
- AppLift’s Newest Fraud Report Reveals Global Mobile Programmatic Fraud Distribution Patterns
- Kestone and CL Educate announces nationwide quiz InQuizitive Minds targeting 9 million students across 100 cities
- FleetUp & Aeris Work Together to Improve Fleet Management via IoT
- The 2nd International Festival Of IBN Battuta Announces 2017 Event Theme
- Aga Khan’s Diamond Jubilee marks 60 years of a commitment to faith, pluralism and improved quality of life
- Elkos Pens Moves Headquarters to Diamond Heritage
- Ansys Acquires Computational Engineering International
- IDT Wins Prestigious Ericsson Semiconductor Supplier Award 2017
- Making a Charitable Contribution – World Environment Day – 2017
- Cyberinc partners with OvationData to launch Isla Cloud Malware Isolation to defeat advanced cyber attacks in UK
- Array Networks Achieves Industry-Leading ECC Performance with New Line of AppVelocity-E Application Delivery Controllers
- HotelTonight partners with eRevMax to integrate RateTiger into its platform
- Training Institute Pune is announcing New Training Center at Shivajinagar Pune
- CDN Solutions Group to Showcase Brand New Solutions to Accelerate Startup’s Business at MWC Americas 2017
- Global Gadgets Partners With Honeywell to Bring Air-purifiers for Your Homes
- AV-TEST Certifies eScan Internet Security Suite as TOP Rated Product
- Cyberinc powers expansion of Isla(R) into global markets: signs partnership with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- IDT Expands Sensor Portfolio with Solid-State Flow Sensor Modules for Liquids and Gases
- eScan’s Corporate 360 bags AV Comparatives’ “Real World” Protection Test Certification
- No problem doing bold topics: Ramya Pranjali Tanna