Goa-born, Hollywood director Jazon Fernandez is currently visiting Mumbai this weekend. Fernandez who is associated with the Hollywood studio Apollonius Films is scouting for talent and will also be visiting Chennai next weekend. He has also announced a tie-up with Bollywood director Suneet Vohra of Tribhuvan Trilok Films.
According to Anita Kamble of Mytle PR & Media, Indian media representatives of Fernandez in India, Jazon who met with a top Bollywood director is casting for a big budget VFX and animation-based mythological film based on Indian mythology.
Fernandez who is associated with the Hollywood studio Apollonius Films is scouting for talent and will also be visiting Chennai next weekend said his Indian representative.
Jazon is scheduled to meet with several film-makers in Mumbai over the weekend, but is not willing to share much details or his complete itinerary as his visit is otherwise supposed to be a secret.
Jazon said the film he is casting for is based on Indian and Greek mythology and casting is going on in Mumbai. He has meetings lined up with 3 top Bollywood actresses and will also meet up with a top Bollywod male star over the weekend.
In addition to the celebrity cast, Jazon said he was also looking out for new and talented youngsters for smaller roles in the film. Reports state that about 30 per cent of the film is based on VFX and animation, but there will be real life scenes as well. The film is set in the time between 500 BC and 700 BC and features the heroic age, is all that Jazon was willing to share with this reporter.
“The estimated budget of the film is about Rs 450 crore and the project is fully in English, though the film will be dubbed in at least 40 world languages when it releases late next year,” he mentioned.
Speaking to an Indian news website, IndiaNewsInfo.com, Jazon said, “Most Indian mythological films are based on Hindu mythological characters based primarily on the Ramayan and Mahabharata and other related mythology. Our story and script is not based on Hindu mythology at all.
Tamil and South Indian cinema also has seen various mythological projects. Though mythological films played a prominent role in the early years of Tamil cinema, they slowly faded away, giving way to family and socially relevant dramas.
In the late 1950s and 1960s mythological films got a new lease of life in Tamil cinema with the films of legendary writer/director A P Nagarajan, called the Master of Mythological Cinema, superstar Rajinikanth’s Kochadaiiyaan was also one of the well-known projects, though today there is not much focus on mythological cinema. Referring to super blockbusters like Bahuballi 2, Jazon opined that though he has not yet seen the film, it is basically a historical film and not a mythological film.
Related Press Releases:
- Hollywood director Jazon Fernandez of Apollonius Films visits Mumbai, meets with director-producer Suneet Vohra
- Director Suneet Vohra launches Educational Episodic Films on the Dynasties that ruled India from 1200 AD to 1700 AD in association with Tribhuvan Trilok Films
- Hollywood director Jazon Fernandez to collaborate with producer Suneet Vohra for mega budget Mytho film
- Trilok Mukhi Films announces Rs 400 crore mega-budget historical folklore film “Pratapgad”
- Rs 400-cr folklore film “Pratapgad” to be shot in Goa, could generate employment for over 1000 Goan youth: Maneesh Singh
- India’s very own desi-p*rn artiste Ishika Borah denied visa by Pakistan
- No problem doing bold topics: Ramya Pranjali Tanna
- Fashion photographer and Ad film maker Lynn Baxter to debut as director in Bollywood with Twilight Love
- Suneet Vohra of Tribhuvan Trilok Films casts Ishika Borah in a hot scene for the comedy film “My Wife’s Bf”
- OMG! Has Ramya Pranjali Tanna been selected for Bigg Boss 11, as Salman Khan personally interviews shortlisted inmates?
- Hemant Nilim Das to bring the tale of Sania Mirza on Celluloid with Violina Audrey
- Watch: Dandupalaya 2 Actress Sanjjanaa Galrani’s Leaked Nude Video And Photos Go Viral
- Lucknow-born, Tamil actor Shiva Prakash signed for director V Ganesha Reddy’s “Welcome to Chennai”
- London-based NRI model Pearl Raah in Maneesh Singh’s film “My Little Sister”?
- Umesh Revankar of Shriram Transport Finance Company voted as “Indian Affairs Most Transformational Leader & Change Agent 2017” at India Leadership Conclave 2017
- India’s No.1 Brand Awards 2017 on 24th Sept 2017 in Mumbai
- ICT Mumbai Selects Mediasite for Lecture Capture and Video Management
- Network bags the creative mandate for Mahindra Lifespace Developers
- Arshi Khan and Bollywood Celebs to launch Vega “Road Safety Campaign” in Mumbai on 26th Jan
- STAIRS organized a scouting seminar in Gujarat
- Bharat Kapadia joins BrandAd Emedia’s Dollartune Board
- ASSE Offers Global Occupational Safety and Health Best Practices at Safety India 2015
- Hindware launches ‘Startwith theExpert’ TVC Campaign with Brand
- Ashok Kumar Jha says The Three Kings different from Kurbaan
- Will Esha Gupta do a film on Parveen Babi and her men?
- BITS Pilani alumni Celebrate Teachers Day by conferring First Prof SSR memorial Teaching Excellence Award to Dr P Srinivasan
- Sharptech wins Complete Digital Mandate for Sebamed India
- Short Awareness Film ‘Stay Alive’ Releases on 25th July, 2017
- Yazmeen Khan signed on by Chennai-based Vrindaavan Telefilms
- Denver & Cartoon Network Enterprises launch first ever ‘Superman’ Deodorants in India
- iValue To Host 120+ CXO’s in Europe for iStorm 2017
- TYC Communication bags the PR mandate for AppsDiscover Technologies
- Bharat Citizens Action Forum demands CBI enquiry into Radhe Maa’s ill-gotten wealth – alleges god woman and associates have amassed over Rs 200 crore through criminal means
- Sharptech bags the Creative and Social Media Mandate of VESIM
- Rashi Peripherals Successfully Concludes Component Training Program To Promote “Personalized Computer”
- Vashi Electricals Ventures into the Automation Business with a Big Bang!
- Deepika Arora awarded at India Leadership Conclave 2017 as Transformational Woman Business Leader 2017
- IndiaScribes.com Mumbai Home Stays & Serviced Apartments Online Awards 2017 goes live
- United Drilling Tools celebrates 28th Anniversary
- Ease of Doing Business in India – Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi with his New Team of Ministers aims for NEW INDIA by 2022
- LexisNexis organized an exclusive event on the topic “Rethinking Law & Technology”
- Increasing Consumer Preference of Healthy Snacks Propelling Gourmet Popcorn Industry
- Industry-Academia Collaboration between Cisco and Institute of Product Leadership
- Netscribes Moves Corporate Headquarters To Lower Parel, Mumbai
- Singapore Startup InstaRem, With Indian Cofounder, Raises $13 Million
- Jeunesse Global Holds First-Ever Defensive-Aging Medical Conference in Singapore with 2 Globally Renowned Stem Cell Doctors
- Neoalta Specialty Clinic Launches Audicco Speech Hearing Centre at Chembur Location
- Q1 FY18 Results of Godrej Properties Limited
- ‘For Justice To Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose And I.N.A. …On 21st October, 2017… “Chalo Delhi”
- Dates of IBSAT 2017, a MBA Entrance Exam for Admission in ICFAI Business School Declared