— On this momentous occasion Mr. Shankar Jadhav Head -Strategy, BSE, felicitated GVFL Chairman and Managing Director Shri Bala Giri with a memento of BSE Gong. The function was held at the International Convention Hall at BSE on 27th August 2015 was marked by the presence of Board of Director GVFL Mr.Sudhakar Shetty, Suhan Shetty etc.
Mr.Bala Giri, GVFL said, “It is indeed an honour for GVFL to celebrate 25 years of being listed on BSE. The journey of GV films has not been an easy one. The company has been able to rise like a phoenix from ashes and now looks ahead to some glorious times starting with the honour. We aim to carry forward the rich legacy of GV films.” Stating further he said, “GV FILMS Ltd has gone in for Capital Reduction and are all set to propel the company on the fast growth track now. We are thankful for the support of our large investor base. We have launched Miniplexes in South and are keen to see this venture gain further momentum by setting up of miniplexes in Western India. The company has moved its base from Chennai to Mumbai and with Marathi film VITHAL VITHAL we wish to reinforce our commitment to making good cinema in Hindi and regional languages“
Speaking on the occasion Mr.Balagiri further said, “On completion of 25 years GV FILMS aims to infusing a fresh lease of life into its landmark run. The Company has a had a dream run with the biggest names from Tamil & Telugu Industry and. G.V Films has had a very interesting journey of 25 years and it is our aim to establish it in a brand new way and to bring about a revolution in the Indian film industry”
GV FILMS recently launched its new innovative website www.gvfilms.com. that would provide the latest updates on the company, showcase the upcoming projects, new talents, ongoing happenings and much more to the world. It is interactive, informative, viewer and investor friendly from the stakeholder’s perspective and will provide instant updates on projects and position of the company.
GV Films entered the Indian Film Market in the year 1989 as a company that aimed at production and distribution of feature films in various languages and became the first company in the cinema business to get listed in the Indian bourses and having shareholders all over the country.
The company was introduced by G. Venkateswaran, popularly known as G.V, a film producer and the older brother of acclaimed director and screenwriter Mani Ratnam and G. Srinivasan. GV was the promoter of G.V. Films, one of the first movie companies in India to raise capital through the stock market.
Along with one of the best directors Mani Ratnam, GV Films has given some great blockbusters and award winning films like ” Mounaa Ragam” “Agni Natchathiram” “Nayagan” “Thalapathi” “Anjali” “Indira” “Tamizhan” “Chokkathangam.” The company has enormously contributed to the South Indian Film Industry, especially to the Tamil Film Industry which is the third biggest in India next to Hindi and Telugu Film Industry. Not just the making of cinema, but GV Films has spectacularly contributed towards the development of Indian Cinema as well. They were the first ones to export Tamil films to Japan and later to the other non-traditional, South East Asian markets like Korea. GV Films also brought DTS to a theatre of an A class town in Tamilnadu. With foresight, acquired Internet rights for over 6000 films way back in 1999-2000 for web casting that constitute valuable intellectual property rights, they currently have an own library of over 14000 films. GV Films was also the first to bring 3D television serials in India.
Related Press Releases:
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar- Humanitarian & Spiritual Guru facilitates Golden Jubilee Celebrations of Shrinivas Sugandhalaya in Bengaluru
- CDN Solutions Group Reserves Stand S2256 and S2258 at MWC Americas 2017
- Comedian Hemant Pandey to play the role of Babbar in Shankar Jai Kishan- 3 in 1
- iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus Arrive At Rashi Peripherals On September 29
- Director Suneet Vohra launches Educational Episodic Films on the Dynasties that ruled India from 1200 AD to 1700 AD in association with Tribhuvan Trilok Films
- Rs 400-cr folklore film “Pratapgad” to be shot in Goa, could generate employment for over 1000 Goan youth: Maneesh Singh
- HPCL celebrats 71st Independence Day
- Global Truck-mounted Concrete Pump Market 2017 – Putzmeister, Schwing, Zoomlion, Liebherr, Sermac, SANY
- New MOST® Technology Intelligent Network Interface Controller enables daisy-chain communications in automotive applications
- ASSE Offers Global Occupational Safety and Health Best Practices at Safety India 2015
- Consumer Voice Thanks Arun Jaitely For Increasing CESS On Cigarettes
- Trilok Mukhi Films announces Rs 400 crore mega-budget historical folklore film “Pratapgad”
- Hollywood director Jazon Fernandez of Apollonius Films visits Mumbai, meets with director-producer Suneet Vohra
- SAINT HONORE Opéra is Ideal for the Stylish Woman
- ADATA Launches Stylish and Versatile Sync & Charge Lightning Cables
- CMI Ltd bags orders worth more than Rs 30 crore from East Central Railways & BHEL for signalling cables HT XPLE power cables
- More Than 43,000 Trade Visitors: dmexco 2015 Is the Center of the Global Digiconomy
- CMI Limited, the leading specialty cables company, announces its annual results (2016-17)
- Retail Businesses to Become More Organized Post GST: Bhaskar of Millennium India
- French Government Awardee & Asian Games Village Architect Raj Rewal interacted with LPU Students
- dmexco 2015 Is Linking All of the Worlds of the Global Digiconomy
- Discovery Channel Completes 20 Years In India
- LPU celebrated Highest Placement Record for 2017 with its Students
- BITS Pilani alumni Celebrate Teachers Day by conferring First Prof SSR memorial Teaching Excellence Award to Dr P Srinivasan
- Bombardier C Series Aircraft Completes First Commercial Flight into London City Airport
- India’s No.1 Brand Awards 2017 on 24th Sept 2017 in Mumbai
- United Drilling Tools celebrates 28th Anniversary
- BPE Commemorates 17th Successful Year, Aims to Double Figures by the Next Year
- IDT Appoints Andy Lai as Vice President of Sales, Greater China and South Asia Pacific, and Country Manager for China
- Rohit Chawhan launches his romantic novel
- Sheffield Hallam University invites applications for September 2017 Intake
- WWE Launches ‘Direct-To-Fans’ Mobile Service on Vuclip
- Jindal Stainless Limited installs modular stainless steel toilet at Municipal school as part of ‘Swacch Bharat – Swacch VidyalayaAbhiyaan’
- Zee TV Canada Now Available on Jadoo TV
- Goa-born, Hollywood director Jazon Fernandez of Apollonius Films visits Mumbai, announces tie-up with director Suneet Vohra
- Hollywood director Jazon Fernandez to collaborate with producer Suneet Vohra for mega budget Mytho film
- Watch: Dandupalaya 2 Actress Sanjjanaa Galrani’s Leaked Nude Video And Photos Go Viral
- Suneet Vohra of Tribhuvan Trilok Films casts Ishika Borah in a hot scene for the comedy film “My Wife’s Bf”
- Yazmeen Khan signed on by Chennai-based Vrindaavan Telefilms
- Hemant Nilim Das to bring the tale of Sania Mirza on Celluloid with Violina Audrey
- No problem doing bold topics: Ramya Pranjali Tanna
- Ashok Kumar Jha says The Three Kings different from Kurbaan
- Lucknow-born, Tamil actor Shiva Prakash signed for director V Ganesha Reddy’s “Welcome to Chennai”
- London-based NRI model Pearl Raah in Maneesh Singh’s film “My Little Sister”?
- Short Awareness Film ‘Stay Alive’ Releases on 25th July, 2017
- India’s very own desi-p*rn artiste Ishika Borah denied visa by Pakistan
- Will Esha Gupta do a film on Parveen Babi and her men?
- Fashion photographer and Ad film maker Lynn Baxter to debut as director in Bollywood with Twilight Love
- Netscribes Moves Corporate Headquarters To Lower Parel, Mumbai
- New Bridgespan Study of Indian NGOs Reveals Systemic Gap Between Leadership Development Aspirations and Action